Wednesday, April 24, 2013

First week in the CCM! 4/24/13


Hey family,

I finally got to check my email again and was so excited to see all of these emails from everyone!! My first week in the CCM (MTC in spanish) has been awesome! I'm learning a ton every day and the language is coming along great! The latino missionaries here are so funny. Mom, I sent a letter in the mail today, but you probably won't get it for a while so ill just tell you some of whats in it. My new companions name Is elder Hyrum Clark, from a family of thirteen kids, and he was homeschooled. Fantastic. He has a huge heart and is very kind but he is defintely a little socially awkward and strange. I'm still just viewing it as a blessing though! Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to the Guatemala City Temple! I had a great experience and I'm excited to go again next week! The food here is really good! I dont have a scale, but I hope I'm putting on a little weight! I have to get up at 6:30 every morning, which is really early for me, but luckily my district has Deportes (sports) in the morning so I can sometimes snag a few extra minutes of sleep:) I have been teaching the Latinos some english words, and now their new favorite english phrases are "Gimme all your money. Now!" and "What up Homie?" hahaha I seriously love them so much! Guatemala is pretty crazy though! We've already heard several gunshots, almost got in an accident on the way here from the airport, and a bunch of other crazy stuff. It still hasn't hit me though that I'm in a third world country because we live good here at the CCM. It seriously feels like I've been here for so long already, and its only been a week! It seems like I've known all these kids my entire life too.Were all best of friends already. I love you all and miss you. (kind of) 

Much love from Guatemala, 
Elder Hoy

Other stuff i forgot to say.  If you are sending letters or packages or anything, make sure you put Elder
on it. Otherwise it makes it a lot more difficult to get through the guatemalan mail system. They see the Elder on it and know its to a mormon and they just send it right along. LOVEEEEE YOU


Here are pictures of the Elders and Sister missionaries in the MTC. 
Elder Hoy is in the second row towards the middle.




No comments:

Post a Comment