Wednesday, May 8, 2013

FEAST upon the Words of Christ


Hola Familia!

 Todo esta bien aqui en Guatemala! Estoy aprendiendo mucho del Evangelio de Jesucristo y lo me encanta mucho! I’m doing great and it’s crazy I’m already half way done with my stay in the MTC here! We didn’t end up going to Walmart, but we went to the central market! It was so crazy! It was this underground market full of little stalls and rooms of people just selling tons of stuff! It was unlike anything I'd ever seen before! I kept seeing little Guatemalan children running around and just wanted to snatch them up and bring them home! Mom, we should adopt one:) That was the highlight of last week. My spanish continues to improve, as does my knowledge and desire to read the scriptures. I finally understand what it means to FEAST upon the words of Christ, and my spiritual stomach is constantly full. However, my physical stomach isn't! The food is still great, but I’m still always hungry! All of the Latinos love Elder Hoy which is awesome! I honestly feel I have a special connection with the people here because of my name! Thanks Dad! I had a couple of really cool experiences this week! First, I bore my testimony in Testimony Meeting on Sunday, and I did it in Spanish! All of the Latinos were super impressed with my speaking and complimented me after! It was so awesome! The other experience I had was pretty serious though! One of the Elders in my room, Elder wolsleger, always moves his bed over next to mine by the window and we just talk and stuff. As I was lying there, I couldn’t really fall asleep and I didn’t know why. Suddenly Elder Wolsleger just sat straight up next to me with a kind of scared/nervous look on his face. I asked him if he was alright and he said yeah, so I laid back down, but a few minutes later he sat up again and asked me to give him a blessing. He said he felt like something kept moving his bed and he was just having bad thoughts and feelings come over him. It was kind of scary. But I got up and laid my hands on his head, and as soon as I said his name, I just felt this amazing energy, almost like electricity just run through my body. It was amazing. I just went on to bless him with peace and comfort, and that anything unwelcome in the room to leave immediately. After that, we both just got into bed and fell right asleep. So crazy! It was definitely one of the most amazing experiences I had here. That was my first real opportunity to exercise my priesthood in that way. It was awesome. But anyways, my time is about up! I love you guys and am looking forward to what experiences I’m going to have this week that I can share with you guys!

Mucho amor,

Elder Hoy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment