Monday, August 26, 2013

New Companion

Hey Momma! No still haven’t got the package yet but hopefully this Thursday I’ll get it! It should be at the offices now but my zone leaders have to go to pick it up! My new companion is Elder Arizmendi, and he’s been out for 20 months, so he knows a lot. He’s good at teaching the people. I do miss Elder Martinez a lot, but he is still in my zone! He just got changed to a different area! But I get to see him every week at our zone meetings! We got 30 new missionaries this last change and only 3 went home. Half of the new kids came from the new MTC in Mexico, and it is super nice there!

But with my new comp we are staying really busy. We should have a few more baptisms in September!  We are still working with Tiburcio and we are going to put a date for a wedding and his baptism in September. We had some good lessons with the Calsadilla family but when we challenged them to baptism, the dad of the family said he’d already been baptized, so he is already a member! I had suspicions because he was soooo positive. But he wants his wife and two of his kids to get baptized too so we are still working with them. We also have a young teenage kid named Oscar who is progressing too. I challenged him to be baptized and he said yes, but he just has to come to church a few time and then he can get baptized! That’s the update on our progressing investigators!

And I also started reading Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage and its so good but so hard to read because he writes super intelligently! But if you haven’t read that I would recommend reading it!
 
I want to see some pictures of the Powell kids… all of them! I bet they’re getting so big! I miss Landon a ton. Well I love you guys a lot! Everything is good here! I love you all and hope you have a great week! besos y brazos,

Elder Hoy


My New Companion Elder Arizmendi
My Old Companion Elder Martinez

Yeah...I'm Jim Hoy's Son

Just chillin' on the local park bench
 

No comments:

Post a Comment