Monday, September 16, 2013

Alma Chapter 7 and No Possum for Dinner

Unfortunately, no I haven’t got my package from you guys but on Thursday I got a package from the Showalters!!! It was filled with candy and toys and letters and fun stuff for my birthday. I almost started crying when I got it. I miss that family so much. I think that’s one of the first things I want to do when I get back is go visit them.

But yeah this week was good. We had some powerful lessons with this lady named Mary and her husband Hector. She didn’t want to read the Book of Mormon because it ''didn’t call her attention'' so I read her the summary of Alma 7 and asked her if that called her attention. She said yeah and committed to read that chapter and pray to know if it is true. That was yesterday and so we are going to go see her today and follow up. Please pray for her and her husband for me. I really want them to progress and get baptized.

We were eating lunch at a members house yesterday and she told me I look like I’m getting fatter  ...ha ha ha. I couldn’t believe it but I think so too. I measured myself the other day and I’m like 5'11'' now. I’m catching up to Dad fast.

Last week we caught a possum that has been coming to eat our trash a lot. Our neighbors had a trap and they loaned it to us. Supposedly they eat possums here so we wanted to eat it. But it was so small and I felt sorry for it so we let it go.
 
Yeah... that little girl in the picture from last week that I sent is like my favorite person here. I love her. She’s so crazy and funny. Hope everything is all good there! Love you guys! Elder Hoy


Possum Anyone???

No comments:

Post a Comment