Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!



Hey momma we are writing today instead of tomorrow!!! It’s because we only have 3 computers at the church and there are over 30 missionaries in our zone so it takes forever if we all write on Friday. I can’t believe it’s 2014! The people here are crazy on New Year’s Eve. We had a hard time getting to sleep because of all the fireworks and stuff. We stayed up and watched "The Best Two Years" and then went to sleep at like 12:30. Yeah, almost all the candy is gone and I’m trying to ration the peanut butter and Nutella:-) and I love that you are still the health conscious mom and got me the low sugar peanut butter. ..But NOT really ‘cuz it’s not as good as real peanut butter. 

We had a baptism this week! Big Bertha got baptized! It has been so crazy to see how she has changed! Before she didn’t want her granddaughter Monica to get baptized, but finally let her and now she got baptized! It was honestly a miracle! There is a picture of that. The other picture is of one of my friends, Elder Shumway. He is 6'6''! 

The weather down here is hot, as always. I have to keep a handkerchief in my pocket to wipe the sweat off my face every couple of minutes. It feels like I’m back home during the summer!  But yeah everything is going good here. We have a lot of potential people to  baptize in January and February. Me and Elder Salmons will probably only have a month more together. We get along well, but sometimes I want to do things one way and him another way. But we get over things quick which is good.  

I’ve been reading the Book of Mormon a lot in Spanish which is helping me to learn more of the language. I really love speaking Spanish and now want to learn other languages like  Italian and Portuguese. But that’ll be for after my mission. I’m sad I’m going to miss the Gilbert Temple open house. I love you guys soooooo much and am so soooo grateful for all of you and all of your prayers!!
Elder Today (Hoy)
Big Bertha's Baptism
Elder Shumway and I

Monica's Baptism
At the San Salvador Temple

Giving Service Missionary Style

No comments:

Post a Comment