Monday, March 31, 2014

Grateful for Warm Showers!


Greetings from El Salvador. Things are going alright here. The work is slow, but that’s nothing new.  My companion and I are getting along fine. I’m getting used to the new area. It’s a lot more rural than SantaAna. It’s a little bit more dangerous too, like more gang activity. But nothing has happened yet. One of the things I love most is that the showers here are naturally warm… ha-ha. In some areas here they have to ''bucket bathe'' which is exactly what it sounds like, dumping buckets of water on yourself. Luckily our house is really nice and we have showers.

We had a really good multi-zone meeting last week and we talked a lot about the atonement. The atonement is so much more complex than I thought, and it’s crazy how little we really know about it. I guess that’s where faith comes in. But yeah we watched this talk by Bruce R. McConkie. It was the last talk he gave before he died. It’s a must see if you haven’t already seen it. But I’m sure you guys saw it live back in the day. But anyways his testimony of the atonement was so powerful.  I love you guys so much. I know Christ lives and loves us, and gave everything to save us.

I don’t have any pictures of my new area but I found an old picture from my time in Guatemala. It’s weird to see how much I’ve changed. Also a huge cicada, as big as my finger… so gross! And of course, the token animal picture of some cats…no kids this week.
Love Elder Hoy
Almost a year ago in Guatemala

Giant Cicada

Cats.cats,cats

No comments:

Post a Comment