Monday, August 4, 2014

Great Week Filled With Small Miracles!



Well it would be safe to say that this has been one of the best, most testimony-building weeks of my mission, full of small miracles and big ones. I am just so thankful to the Lord for all the wonderful things He does for us. My testimony of the power of fasting and prayer has been strengthened soooo much. I really am just so happy to have seen the hand of the Lord work in our area this week. 

We have a man that we have been working with for a while. His name is Rene and he has been progressing really well. We had started our fast, and asked Heavenly Father to help us with them. We really want to help him get baptized and reactivate his (common law) wife. We had a really good lesson with them on Saturday but at the end of the lesson she said that she didn’t want to get married anymore. (She had wanted to for 10 years and he never wanted to, but now HE wants to and SHE doesn’t.)  We told them to pray that night as a family and that Heavenly Father would help them decide.

Then yesterday at church, they both came and during the testimony meeting she had tears in her eyes and at the end, they told us that they are going to make the decision to get married. So now we're preparing everything for the wedding and the baptism! We are so happy because we have really seen firsthand the changes that they have been making to come closer to God and it is just so wonderful to see the happiness coming into their lives. 

Their son was baptized about a week ago so I think that has helped them feel the spirit and keep progressing. There were a lot of other awesome little things that happened too. I’m growing to really love my companion, and we are getting along and working together great. We had a good week of work with the members and yesterday we had a ward council to plan an activity and the ward is really excited to help and participate. I feel like this will be something that will help activate the ward a lot and get them working with us more.

For the meantime, we are just going to keep doing what the Lord expects of us! My companion and I are getting along great and I think we are going to finish this time together being one another’s favorite companion. I really can’t believe that I’m about to have my last birthday in the mission and that I’m going to be 20!! So crazy! I definitely don’t feel that old! Here are some pictures. A guy we found gave us cool hats so we took some "selfies" (yes, that word has reached El Salvador too) and I had a crazy cool wildlife encounter!

Love, Elder Hoy 




No comments:

Post a Comment