Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Ups and a Down



Well this week was a good one with some ups and downs. The only down was that I got really sick yesterday with some bad food poisoning! #donteatporkifyouareincentralamerica… SO that was fun. But it already passed so I am good to go.

We have a baptismal date with a nine year old girl named Jenifer. It’s really sad because her dad is an inactive returned missionary. It’s so sad to see how they live and how God can’t bless them because they don’t live the gospel. He collects plastic bottles and recycles them for a living. I just wish that he could go back in time and have remained active in the church to see the difference it would have made in his life. We are starting to reactivate his wife so the daughter can get baptized.

Jose, another investigator, is still coming to church but he still isn’t sure about getting baptized. We had a good lesson with him on Friday. I went with Elder Baker, my buddy from Gilbert and our zone leader, and the spirit was really strong when a member girl that was there bore her testimony. But even after that, he still didn’t want to commit to a date. But we are getting really close!

Today we are going to go to this really pretty lake in our zone, so next week I’ll have more pictures to send home! I love you guys and hope y'all have a great week!

The picture is of  me and Elder Baker.
 Love Elder Hoy


Message sent to Brother Ward. (Young Mens President from our ward):

Well if I had to say something about the message of The Restoration of the Gospel,  I could only say this; That it is a message of love. From the first principle to the last, everything is about the love of our Heavenly Father. He is our loving Father and loves us so much that He gave His only son to die for us, just so that we could return to Him. His gospel blesses our lives so much and He reveals it through His servants, the prophets. and He has restored His gospel because He loves us! And the best way we can show our love for Him is by sharing the restored gospel and keeping the commandments! I love missionary work and I know that the Lord blesses us when we are in His service!  

No comments:

Post a Comment