Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Another Great Week!



November 17, 2014
I'm glad that you are enjoying working in the temple Mom. I'm so sad that I will miss 2 temple dedications. But I'm sure I will live to see more temples built in AZ. The work is going good here. We have had 4 baptisms and we are preparing more people for December. This town is really cool...and I'm serious mom... we have to come back to visit together! 

So this week was good! One of the cool parts was that we found this kid that lives on our street who has a sick fender acoustic guitar that he doesn't even use so he is letting me borrow it. My companion can sing and play a little so we have been making some cool arrangements with the guitar and ukelele. I'll try and have a member here film it and put it on Facebook or something so y'all can see. 

This was the first time in a long time that we didn't have any investigators in church or a baptism in a week. It was kind of sad. But we did put a baptism date with this guy named Erwin. He lived and went to high school in the states so we were able to talk in English which was really cool. It was really great to be able to teach him the gospel in English, but it felt really weird too.. Things are going good. We are going to have a Thanksgiving lunch as a mission on Thursday so I am way excited for that.

There might be changes next week so I'll let y'all know. I don't think they would change me but they may change my companion... hopefully not. We get along great. I love you all and hope you have a great week. I know I will!

Love,
Elder Hoy
Here's a super cliche "missionarypreachingtoanimal" picture... he wasn't interested...


No comments:

Post a Comment