Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving Lunch with the Mission!



 Hey momma...no I still haven't gotten the package yet...hopefully this week. Wow!!!  I'm way jealous of your adventures! I want to go to Europe! Let's go next summer! I have a friend that is living in Paris right now on a study abroad program and she says it's so cool to be there. Our weather here is warm...cold fronts don't exist in Central America... haha.

Well another normal week has gone by. But there were some fun things. On Thursday we had a Thanksgiving Lunch with half the mission. We can't do it with all the missionaries because there isn't a church big enough here to hold all 230 something of us. But we had a nice big hunk of turkey and by nice big hunk, I mean I finished it in like 4 bites. We also had a spoonful of mashed potatoes and some vegetables... good quality but the portions could have been a LITTLE bit bigger...

They told us today that my companion is going to have changes so on Wednesday I will be getting a new companion. I'm kind of bummed because me and Elder Villanueva get along really good... but change is always good. 

On Friday we went and made tacos with a family but they didn't turn out too good because the tortillas here are really thick. Like imagine eating a taco with five tortillas...so its just a little weird. 

We have been visiting this family up in the mountains and they have horses and cows and stuff so we took pictures with their horse. Tomorrow we are going to go help them on their farm that they have. It's about an hour walk up into the mountains and it has a really cool view... so I should have some cool pictures next week.                                                                                                                                                             

Our investigators are doing good. We have this guy Edwin that is someone that was prepared by the Lord for us to find and teach. He is one of the few people that I have met here that actually understands almost everything we teach. So it is really cool to teach him.

Hey that's so cool for Maddie. Now we will be able to speak Spanish together after our missions. I'm going to miss Black Friday shopping with you!  Wow... that's cool to hear about Lexie and my letter! I miss those kids a ton. I cant wait to see them! Its crazy to think I only have like 4 months left. Where does the time go??? 

Well momma I love you so much and I'm so grateful for you and your amazing example to me. I hope you have a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment